The Under Armour Women’s Glyde RM CC Softball Cleat has been available online for a while and it’s gotten some very good feedback, so is it really the ideal cleats if your child is going to play fast pitch softball?
If you’ve heard of the Glyde before but haven’t made up your mind yet, this review can serve as your guide.
Under Armour Women’s Glyde RM Softball Cleats have a lot of features, but what it does best is provide comfort without sacrificing performance or quality.
While these cleats have been designed for girls’ softball, they’re actually suitable for different levels of play, and the molded rubber cleats work as shock absorbers whether you’re on turf or the grass.
A lot of attention has been focused on the built, and it is most notable for the lightweight but durable materials used in the construction.
Since the cleats are molded rubber they provide sufficient traction and comfort, and there’s also a Rotational Traction configuration that allows for optimum rotational capacity.
According to Under Armour, this will significantly add to power and acceleration during play.
- Breathable, coated mesh upper delivers lightweight, durable support
- Die cut EVA sockliner built to reduce cleat pressure for enhanced underfoot comfort
- Full length ArmourBound midsole provides ultimate cushion, shock absorption & cleat dispersion
- TPU cleats placed under the heel & forefoot for lightweight traction
- Weight: 8.5 oz.
- Durable synthetic upper & lightweight textile toe provide sneaker-like comfort
- Padded ankle collar & tongue construction for increased comfort
- Durable overlay on toe cap for added protection
- Full-length EVA midsole provides ultimate cushion, shock absorption & cleat dispersion
- Rubber molded cleats provide aggressive traction on all surfaces with a lightweight, comfortable feel
There are other features on these cleats worth pointing out, such as the lightweight synthetic upper that increases the cleats’ durability, essential if your child is going to play softball for extended periods.
In addition, the cleats have the 3/4 length ArmourBound midsole which is designed to provide extra cushion and comfort.
Reviewers have said a lot about the midsole and how comfortable it is, and this has actually been verified by comparisons with other cleats.
This isn’t simply due to the design however, as the lightweight synthetic material has a lot to do with it as well.
If you –or your child- plays a lot of fast pitch softball in particular the shortstop, these cleats will come in handy as the balls head your way.
Ease of Use
Under Armour womens softball cleats have always been known for their quality and comfort, and this one is no exception.
First off, the aforementioned ArmourBound midsole does exactly what it says, and that’s provide cushion for the feet, and it’s also worth pointing out that pressure is distributed evenly so there’s no undue pressure.
As anyone who’s ever played the game before will tell you, even pressure distribution is critical, so in this case the cleats deliver.
A lot has also been said about the die-cut EVA footbed, and all that really needs to be said is that the EVA goes a long way towards increasing durability and comfort.
The toe piece is just as effective since it’s resistant to abrasion, and with these cleats you’ll get the support necessary to move quickly.
True to the claim, the Glyde is suitable for different levels of play, and the molded rubber used for the cleats improve its shock absorption ability.
As has been pointed out, the Glyde are lightweight and durable, and the underfoot provides sufficient flexibility but without giving up support.
The cleats are very comfortable and breaking them is easy, although for some it might take a while.
Once you’ve grown accustomed to the Glyde however, you’ll notice that the traction is very good, and it’s much better compared to those on other cleats.
Part of the reason has to do with the Rotational Traction, as it increases power even when worn for extended periods. One of the things you’ll immediately learn when playing the game is how important it is to pivot and stop fast.
This is something that’s hard to do if your cleats don’t have sufficient cushion, and that’s where these Under Armour Glyde come in as the cushion is top of the line.
These cleats are not just lightweight but they’re also responsive so you don’t have to drag your feet as you move around the field.
If you haven’t broken the Glyde yet it might be a bit uncomfortable when you play, but if you’ve broken them then you’ll enjoy the game even more.
There are a lot of things going for these cleats, chiefly the following:
- Very comfortable
- Doesn’t wear out easily
- Comes with different colored laces
- Has received several positive reviews
While the cleats are great overall, that doesn’t mean there aren’t any shortcomings as there are a few, albeit they’re not game changers:
- Some complain the laces are a bit short
- The first time they’re worn might feel a bit tight
What Customers Say
Under Armour softball cleats have received several positive reviews online, and the following are just some of them:
Sharon of Cincinnati:
- I bought these for my daughter and she loves them very much. She tells me the cleats provide a lot of traction and they’re easy on the feet. She’s been using them for several weeks now and there are no problems.
Denise of Texas:
- I bought these a couple of months ago and they feel great on my feet. It didn’t take long for me to break in, and it just feels so much better when I’m wearing these compared to my old cleats.
Alvin of New Mexico:
- I bought these for my daughter and she loves very much. I didn’t know these came with different colored laces so that’s a nice touch.
Janine of Portland, Oregon:
- These cleats are very comfortable and light, and unlike the ones I used to wear, it doesn’t feel like I’m wearing lead. I highly recommend these.
These are just a few of the many reviews of these cleats you’re going to read online, and while some have a few complaints, the general consensus is that the Glyde is indeed comfortable and reliable.
With most of the feedback positive it’s easy to see why most people are willing to give these a try.
Conclusion on These Under Armour Women’s Glyde RM CC Softball Cleat
The Under Armour Women’s Glyde RM CC Softball Cleat is one of the best out there, period.
If you’re thinking of getting a pair for your son or daughter, it’s hard to pass this one up as it delivers in the important areas, namely price, durability, comfort and reliability.
Last update on 2020-12-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API