For softball enthusiasts, there are few things more important than selecting the right bat, so it’s well worth getting to grips with the features and perks of the latest additions before making a decision.
One of the most hotly-anticipated new fastpitch bats, Mizuno’s F21-TITANIUM-10 bat is now available.
In this review, we’ll explore the pros and cons and see whether the hype was justified. Spoiler alert: this should be a serious contender for any shortlist!
- Hot Metal Titanium: Maximum performance from your first swing combined with great sound at impact.
- Stiff Carbon Handle: Reduces energy loss when impacting the ball at higher ball speeds to put more energy where it belongs (the ball) and less where it doesn't (the handle and your hands).
- Spiral Wrap: Creates uniform performance and improves durability for best possible feel.
- 3-PC Construction: Multi-Piece construction used to create maximum performance and feel.
- Black Onyx Carbon: Increased durability with a shorter break-in period.
Introducing the Mizuno F21-TITANIUM -10 Fastpitch Softball Bat
Sometimes, new bats launch without causing so much as a ripple of excitement, but this new Mizuno offering has generated a tidal wave of hype.
Offering high levels of performance straight out of its wrapper, this innovative product represents a new breed of fastpitch bats, which has understandably got people talking.
This bat is likely to be incredibly popular thanks to original features that are tipped to blaze a trail and offer softball enthusiasts a new, improved batting experience.
Unlike some of the softball bats that have come before it, the Mizuno F21 -10 version is turning heads, so let’s look at the reasons why. Here are some of the key features:
- Hot Metal ™ titanium barrel
The most significant feature of this Mizuno bat is the Hot Metal ™ titanium barrel.
Engineered for maximum power from the first swing, this innovative technology reduces weight at the same time as enhancing performance and control.
The titanium barrel not only maximizes strike power, but it also provides a deliciously satisfying sound on contact, which will be music to the ears of any softball player.
- Stiff carbon handle
When you play a shot in softball, the aim is to transfer power and energy from the bat and your muscles to the ball.
The greater the power in the ball, the further it will travel.
The Mizuno F21-TITANIUM fastpitch bat has been designed with a stiff carbon handle, which transports energy from where it isn’t required, in the hands and the bat handle, to where it makes a difference, in the ball.
The impact of this technology and design concept is most apparent when hitting balls at high speed.
- Spiral wrap
The feel of the bat is critical for players, and with this comfortable, hard-wearing, adaptive spiral wrap, players can enjoy uniform batting performance, as well as enhanced durability and longevity.
- 3-piece construction
Multi-piece construction optimizes performance levels and reduces vibration for greater comfort and a more pleasurable batting experience.
- Black Onyx Carbon ™
Another ground-breaking innovation from Mizuno, the addition of Black Onyx Carbon enhances durability and facilitates a shorter, swifter breaking-in process.
The aim is to enable players to reap the rewards of using this powerful, sleek, high-performance bat straight out of the blocks.
- Dynamic Damper
Vibrations when you hit can be uncomfortable and they can reduce the quality and crispness of the strike.
This bat features a Dynamic Damper, which absorbs and decreases vibrations to provide a smoother, more comfortable swing.
- Speed Helix Grip
The Speed Helix Grip affords superior control, confidence and comfort over a prolonged period of time.
The grip has also been designed and developed with durability in mind, and it will stand the test of time.
Why the Mizuno F21-TITANIUM Fastpitch Softball Bat?
Mizuno is a trailblazer in terms of design and innovation, but this is a brand that also has a flawless track record for reliability and durability.
If you choose a Mizuno fastpitch softball bat, you’ll enjoy the best of both worlds. You’ll have a bat that boosts performance levels and gives you a cutting-edge, and it will last.
With the F21-TITANIUM bat, Mizuno has delivered yet another brilliant product, which features cutting-edge technology and provides solutions to problems experienced by professional and amateur softball players.
The expansive list of features serves to improve performance and increase power, while also alleviating discomfort, reducing vibrations and decreasing energy loss on contact with the ball.
The key features, which are hailed as ‘ground-breaking’ by Mizuno sound great, but what do they actually mean for performance?
- HOT METAL Titanium™: the pioneering hot metal titanium composition is specially formulated to offer instant results, providing you with more power and a superior batting experience from the moment you strike your first ball.
- Black Onyx Carbon: Mizuno’s black onyx barrel facilitates improved performance without any need for breaking the bat in. Black onyx is also famed for its durability.
- Stiff carbon handle: when you hit the ball sweetly in softball, you can feel the energy transfer between your hands and the bat and the ball. The stiff carbon handle of the Mizuno F-21 bat increases energy transfer from the bat to the ball, optimizing power and reach.
- 3-part construction: the 3-part construction of this advanced bat increases power and speed at the same time as reducing vibrations for a more comfortable swing.
Video: Mizuno F21 Fastpitch Bats Overview
Are there any drawbacks?
Nothing in life is perfect, but there is a lot to love about this particular Mizuno offering.
Perhaps the most significant drawback is the price. This is not a cheap product, and the price tag of around $450 may put some buyers off.
The bat comes with a warranty, but it’s only a 12-month guarantee. Some shoppers may be more inclined to look for a more generous warranty.
The Mizuno F21- TITANIUM-10 bat is available in 3 sizes:
- 32 inch/22 oz
- 33 inch/23 oz
- 34 inch/ 24 oz
The bat is:
- ASA, USSSA, NSA, ISA, WBSC/ISC approved
There’s nothing more important for softball players than choosing a bat that feels comfortable and has all the attributes to boost performance.
Small margins can make all the difference in sport, and the Mizuno F21-TITANIUM Fastpitch softball bat is certainly capable of giving competitors an edge.
Packed with innovative, original features, this bat hits the sweet spot.
With a huge amount to offer those who are looking for an advanced product, there’s no doubt that the hype was warranted.
Last update on 2021-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API